Pokémon Showdown! - Deutsche Raum
Hallo! Dies ist das Forum des deutschsprachigen Chatrooms auf Pokémon Showdown!

Als Gast kannst du nur Beiträge lesen. Bitte logge dich ein, um auch Beiträge schreiben zu können.

Du hast noch keinen Account? Dann errichte dir einen mithilfe des "Anmelden"-Buttons.

Viel Spaß mit dem Forum! ~<3

Forum powered by @Quotenasiate.

Treten Sie dem Forum bei, es ist schnell und einfach

Hallo! Dies ist das Forum des deutschsprachigen Chatrooms auf Pokémon Showdown!

Als Gast kannst du nur Beiträge lesen. Bitte logge dich ein, um auch Beiträge schreiben zu können.

Du hast noch keinen Account? Dann errichte dir einen mithilfe des "Anmelden"-Buttons.

Viel Spaß mit dem Forum! ~<3

Forum powered by @Quotenasiate.
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

[DSS] Feedback.

4 verfasser

Nach unten

[DSS] Feedback. Empty [DSS] Feedback.

Beitrag von Yongseun 10/19/2014, 19:00

Feedback
[DSS] Feedback. Gsg_in12
Dear Deutsche Community,

I write to you today for the end of German Summer Games which composed by Duo Tour, Skill for Glory and Deutsche Room League.  The goal of this topic is to know your feedback about this event, but before I will give you mine as player and organizer.

First, I want say that I was very impatient to do it for the room after that Fairy Fee told me that I can. I had this ideas because several room did much “big competitive” tournaments (French, Spanish…) for their room and in our room, we didn’t do it. So I thought that was a great idea to organize an event for the summer (even if it just finishes today, and that the summer is ended). I spent much time to do it well (and hope that the organization and each tournament’s intro weren’t bad), I ask advertise all the staff of the room, translate it in Deutsch thanks to Durengard who helped me for this Huge task, tried to do some pretty introduction for each tour. By the way, Thx to Bluri who organize the DRL when I wasn’t here.
The Duo Tour was a real success, every duo played; the ambiance of the tour was cool. I liked play it too. The organization was easy. Really I hadn’t any problem to organize this. Moreover more 30 peoples sign in to it.

The Skill for Glory was basically the major “competitive tour” in the common tiers (XY OU) which 32 good players had to play. But finally we were only 16. For me it was a huge fail. Not enough players. Players didn’t really take an interest about that, in fact I asked every time to each player to play before the deadline but that never happened, some forfeit etc. And even If I won it, I didn’t enjoy it because I played like I could play a Ladder battle: no pressure, wait much time before schedule and play against my opponent.

For the DRL, that was almost the same (but I didn’t win and was absent for auction.)  I put this tour in last because I really thought that people will be interesting because there are many tiers and that was a team tournament. I like team tour because that can create some links, you can improve your level and the level of the others by helping each other. However, it seems that nobody care about this tour, thus today I decide to stop it. I’m annoying to run after each participant/team playing their battles. Otherwise I really like my battles in this tour because I played strong players in BW. I really think that this tour could be good if participant played their battles because I think that each team could win this.

To conclude I want ask you: What is your feedback (good and bad)? Why some tour failed? Was you interest by an event like it? Why this event failed (a bit)? Is it because no much people go on the forum, or because people don’t care about the forum of the room? Or because people prefer play tournaments in others forum (if yes, say why.) Last question, do you think that organize some others tournament for the room is a good idea or I can stop right now?

YS.

PS: Don’t forget to see the DSS Awards.
Yongseun
Yongseun
Our French Chic ~<3
Our French Chic ~

Anzahl der Beiträge : 87

Nach oben Nach unten

[DSS] Feedback. Empty Re: [DSS] Feedback.

Beitrag von Baharoth 10/19/2014, 21:44

I think the idea and the organisation was good but tbh i think the german room is just the wrong place for this. Just think about it, the number of active players that are realy interested in competitive battling (meaning OU on high level) is fairly low. Its basicly you, bluri, Klo, Levin and myself. Yeah there are a bunch of other good players around, cosine, ucant, aurious, einfallslos etc but they rarely visit the room, havent seen cosine even once since the 4th drl started which is the reason why i didnt make my battle against him. The number of sign ups for the S4G pretty much shows the problem at hand. To make things worse the activity dropped even more lately. You havent been around much, Bluri gets banned all the time and now even Klo dropped his voice position and isnt around much anymore. And my motivation to play is pretty low either. We just dont have the player base to pull off something like this i am afraid.

Another issue, at least for me, is how long this whole thing dragged out. I mean it started in July iirc and we still werent done if you hadnt closed it. Dont know about others but i lose interest if i can make like 1 game every 2 weeks or so. I would prefer events that go over one weekend or something. One weekend to play out the appointed games and the people that dont show up lose, simple as that. Dragging this out for months because the people dont show up just kills the fun for the others imo. But maybe thats just me. In the end its a activity issue anyway.
Baharoth
Baharoth
Top Vier
Top Vier

Anzahl der Beiträge : 157

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Yongseun 10/19/2014, 21:56

Yeah you're right imo.

And indeed the event took so long time. The tour had to be finish the 08/09/14; however i wait player every room to play, so i changed my deadline so much time and that is the reason of the late. Basically i put 5 days for 1 round, but after 5 days only 2 battles/10 were played.
Yongseun
Yongseun
Our French Chic ~<3
Our French Chic ~

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von bluri 10/20/2014, 17:07

Well bro where should i start..TT4 said probably the main reason,why this Tournament hasnt worked like u imagined.Chat Deutsche is still a quiete Chat.The People wants talk about their live and play more J4F Competive Battles - Usually 2-3 / day (for example Marshmallon,Highfly & Co) I really enjoyed this Tournament - ofc it was an amazing event but nobody tooked it seriously.I think a second reason is,that nobody reads the new daily messages here in this Forum.U havent made enough advertising.Well i still told you,that you should make a new DRL,too..But it should be a small Tournament - Only 2 Teams.Team bluri vs. Team Yongseun and we will take only people who r really active.We´ve seen after this Tournaments now all people who wants to play this Tournament and takes this seriously.

All in all i think it was an amazing Event,amazing Matches and amazing Pictures (^_^).You should start a second Event,too because u r an amazing Tournament Hoste and i´m pretty sure when you should make a smaller Tournament,with full active People the next Tournament will be succesfull!! Smile

bluri
Hyperrang
Hyperrang

Anzahl der Beiträge : 36

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Yongseun 10/20/2014, 17:16

Thx for all bro!! Wink
I think we will do this tour Bluri Team vs Mine Very Happy
Yongseun
Yongseun
Our French Chic ~<3
Our French Chic ~

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Quotenasiate 10/21/2014, 23:51

Hai Yong, just wanted to underline the stuff up there.

I think I told you already per PM, but let me claim it here in the forum: The main problem was the fact, that you stretched the whole tournament over months. I don't think that the people are the main issue. They have fun with playing Pokémon, especially playing tournaments. Events like yours are a appropriate way to make (even) beginners playing competitive Pokémon. Particularly, these guys drop when it takes more time to stay. At this point, I disagree with TT.
But remember, to make newcomers adapt to extra stuff like the forum might be another reason, compared to all these random scripted tournaments in "Deutsche Chat".

But all in all, I liked the idea and your intension. You made the best and that makes your program kinda special, induviduall, whatever. ;D

Stay on this way, but try to improve. Utilize what people write into this thread and the next series will be amazing!!

~Durengard
Quotenasiate
Quotenasiate
Forengründer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 196

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag von Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten